Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dressage Saddle Decisions and a Trip to the Tackstore-I need your opinion

Ok, so it's out:
I'M GETTING A DRESSAGE SADDLE....(along with a membership to the horsepark, but thats another story)
Back to the dressage saddle:
So yes i'm getting one.
I went to Blue Horse Saddlery (great tack store) to go buy some schooling and show breeches. I bought the schooling breeches (another 40$ out the window >.<). They were Tuff Rider brand by the way, they are SO comfy and they are REALLY affordable, I totally recommend them.
Heres the little thing to live by when you take me to a tack store:
You go in expecting to only buy the thing you needed...and you go out with a MUCH lighter wallet than expected....
I ordered a pair of Ariat show breeches but they were on backorder so I need to wait...ah well
I looked @ the dressage saddles and sat on one that fit me LIKE CUSTOM. The saleslady told me I DESPERATELY needed to buy it because it fit me SO nicely. I took a look @ the pricetag and did a total double-take. $900! For a USED SADDLE!!!! I can only IMAGINE what it cost when it was new. I'm not even sure what the maker was but it looked a LOT like this saddle. What a beautiful saddle! Well, the lady told me she would keep a lookout for a saddle for around $300.
I turned in my Lancers jumping saddle that I had been keeping in my bedroom for over 4 years. It was the first saddle I really owned and I was pretty attached to it. *childish grin* It's in the used saddle section @ Blue Horse and I will make a post on it if you are interested.
BACK TO THE SADDLES:
After losing my bid on eBay's Wintec 500 w/Cair, I knew I should do some more research so I narrowed the options down to these two saddles:
Saddle 1: I've sat in this saddle and liked it. I have the Wintec 500 All-purpose as my saddle right now and I adore it. I don't know if I like how flat the seat is though. It's DEFINATELY an option though. It costs around $415.
Saddle 2: It's lovely leather and looks great. I just worry about the quality for a $386 saddle but it's Kincade, a relatively good brand so I'm assuming its ok. Also, it got good reviews so I'm considering it. A drawback to this saddle is it's a medium tree and can't change like the Wintec.

So what do you think? Post a reply and check out my post on my Lancers saddle for sale @ the Blue Horse Saddlery in Palo Alto! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment